Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ella is Eating







...solid foods, that is. Just after the holidays we decided to start her on baby cereal. The pediatrician recommends this between 4 and 6 months and with most of my babies I wait until the 6 month mark. Ella is just over 5 months, but she is more than ready for "big girl" food. Because of her sickness and the fact she can't breath out of her nose very well, she has been nursing poorly and is cranky most likey because she is hungry. I don't want her to wean from nursing, but I figured one small portion of cereal each evening couldn't hurt!
She was very excited and even tried to hold the spoon herself. I'm not sure that would have been the best way to satisfy her hunger as it all would go flying everywhere except her mouth.

In addition to baby cereal, she's also been enjoying pita bread, pizza crust and anything else anyone gives her. She also has her 2nd tooth budding through (she's a bit more miserable this time).
The mom.

No comments: