Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Egg Hunting and Easter Fun

After church Easter morning, we headed over to mom's house to do some Easter Egg hunting with all the kiddos on Jonathan's side of the family. We made quite a bunch packing in 9 little kids, 3 older kids and 11 adults (?) for lunch. The kids had a blast jumping on the trampoline and playing together. All the kids hunted eggs in the backyard and I was sad to see that my little boy was actually having more fun rehiding the eggs for the little kids than he was hunting for them :( I guess he's growing up a bit! Now I know all of you all are anxiously awaiting the part where I show you the pics of the super cute dresses I made for my girls and talk about how I just "threw them together" and you all think "Oh, Kimberly, you're so amazing, I wish I had your talent." (ok so maybe it doesn't go quite that way) However, I must confess that this year I ask you to be proud of my ability to realize I can't do it all and not of my homemade dresses because, in fact, they are store bought (gasp!). With Scott being gone, a busy schedule and costumes and props for the choir, I just didn't have the free time to make 3 dresses. I bought the fabric (does that count for something?) but never got around to starting the first dress. So instead I shopped on a cool discount kids site and landed these 3 dresses for $10 a piece!! And, everyone at churched asked if I made them, so I guess that's kind of the same. Anyways, all non-homemade dresses aside, we enjoyed a wonderful Easter and the kids really had a great time. As you look through the pictures, please note that I promise I do love all of my kids equally...Ella just happens to be in a "take my picture" phase right now, so it seems like I keep getting adorable ones of her!!! The others are often off on their own doing things with the other kids and I am lucky to get a streak as they run by!!! Hope you had a great Easter too! The mom. r

No comments: