Thursday, April 10, 2008

Make Room for Baby

Well, it's official- I am nesting... which can I say is much more work with the third baby on the way. With your first child, you have one nursery to paint, one bedroom to arrange furniture for, and one room to decorate. With baby number three, everything is getting flipped around and the work seems to be spread across three rooms now!!! I suppose one could argue that I have the two sets of "extra hands" this time around and that it should be easier this time.... ummm....yeah.... no comment.

Anyways, over the last week, Scott (yes he's been home for an entire week straight) and I have been working on rearranging some of our stuff and some of our rooms. In order to make room for Lydia, we are moving the kids to new rooms, new carseats, and new stages in life!!!

I guess it's true that first babies get all the new stuff, since Harbin is the one getting the new while we move Catherine and Lydia into his old. We bought a new carseat for Harbin the other day that converts into a booster seat for when he's older. It's quite an elaborate thing and looks a lot like a race car seat- which would be HIS favorite thing about it. Catherine is now in Harbin's old seat, and the infant carrier is washed and ready for Baby Lydia.

Our house has recently been under some major home improvements. With the new addition to our family, we decided to make better use of our space. We have been finishing up the bonus room and preparing it to be Harbin's new bedroom/huge playroom. Scott finished up some trim work around the window and bookshelf and I painted two of the walls blue to make it a bit more "boy". We still have to install carpet and the baseboards as well as paint all of the trim.

Catherine will be moving into Harbin's old room, and of course, you know I can't leave it blue. So, I will be priming and painting the walls this weekend in hopes of making it a bit more girly!! I am thinking of going with brown and pink, but we'll see what happens.

When Baby Lydia arrives she will get the current nursery. It seemed silly to mess with something that works so well now. I have moved all of Catherine's clothes into her new closet and plan on the girls sharing a closet for now. In the meantime, I have taken over the nursery closet and made it my craft closet. I am pleased with the way it came out and hope that it will make getting to my craft stuff a bit easier than before.

And, finally, God has his timing (and thankfully it was sooner rather than later)- Harbin has now been diaper-free (with the exceptions of nap and bedtime) for a little over a week. He has done well at home and seems to do fine out and about too. We are so excited to be able to use that money towards buying newborn diapers for the upcoming baby- I figure, why rebudget for only two months- I'll just get ahead on the newborn diapers.

Catherine has been walking majority of the time now, even at home. This is a huge help to me, who seems to be getting larger, yet strangely weaker, by the day. I am officially in my third trimester (29 weeks) and although I am still feeling great, carrying her all the time can get tiresome!!!

Anyways, I hope to post more pics as we continue these improvements. The pics on here now aren't great, but that's because all of the furniture is in the middle of the rooms and it makes taking a pic difficult!

The mom.

No comments: