Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July!


Hopefully everyone had a wonderful 4th of July!!


Lydia got her first sponge bath at home today. She screamed as most kids do once the washcloth touched her, but I was able to get a few good shots of her before and after.

We got out of the house as a family for the first time since Lydia was born. We stopped at Brusters for ice cream on our way to the evenings festivities.

First Baptist of Snellville joined with two other local churches and threw a wonderful 4th of July celebration including a car show, bounce houses, free food, and fireworks. We met up with some friends of ours and checked out all the events.

Catherine tried out the bouncehouse for the first time. She loved it, but never got further than what you can see in the pic!!!

Harbin got his face painted- he wanted a tree.

Lydia slept......and slept...............and slept some more.



We didn't stay for the fireworks because it was late for the kids and we weren't sure that they would like them- in the past, Harbin has been afraid. We did get to watch the Centennial Park fireworks in HIGH DEF on the television (that's my plug for Scott- he got DISH network with HD this week and he thought it warranted a blog).

I tried to get some photos of all the kids together, but so far, this is as successful as I have been. It seems that as soon as I put Lydia down with the other two, they swarm her with kisses- usually making her cry, which means I have to pick her up console her, and start all over. Anyways, here's the best I have gotten so far. I'll keep trying!
I am sure there will be new posts more often now that we are taking pics of every little thing Lydia does. Check back soon!





The mom.

(Oh, and I promise to load the rest of Lydia's birthday photos and put a link to them on the right by the end of today!)

No comments: