Saturday, January 3, 2009

Finally, it's Christmas...





...what? wait, you mean Christmas doesn't come in January!!?? Oh, then I guess I am behind on my blogging.... Ok, so for the last two years we have had Christmas in January because of Scott's military schedule, but this year we had it on time and yes, I have been very slow in getting my blog up. Let me give you my list of reasons...
1. I have 3 kids under 4 years of age.
2. I have been sick for the last 4 days.
3. I have 3 kids under 4 years of age.
4. I have actually had my hubby home to spend time with instead of wasting it on the computer.
5. I have 3 kids under 4 years of age.
6. We got a Wii for Christmas.
7. I have 3 kids under 4 years of age.
8. I am trying to find a place for all of our old stuff to make room for the new stuff.
9. I have 3 kids under 4 years of age.
oh and finally....
10. I have 3 kids under 4 years of age.

Anyways, we had a wonderful Christmas and we hope you all did too. This year was great because we seemed to have a great balance of time with most members of our families. The pictures at the top are from Christmas morning and the kids enjoying what Santa brought them. For all the Christmas pics, see the link on the right labeled Christmas. The pictures progress from Christmas Eve morning to Christmas Day in Chattanooga.

We started Christmas Eve Day at Grandma Skillin's house where the kids enjoyed playing with my cousins, Sam and Sabrina, and their cousin Wesley. Kristen, Dad, Aunt Marcy and Uncle Bruce were also there to join us. We enjoyed a delicious lunch and some wonderful time together.

After lunch we headed to church for their 4:00 service. This year they geared it towards the kids and encouraged all thekids to join us in the service. Harbin and Catherine liked getting to go on-stage with the other kids.

Following church on Christmas Eve we headed back to mom's house and enjoyed celebrating with Mom, JonJon, Peter and Beverly, Adam, Christina and Matthew. The kids had great fun opening presents and running around with the other kids. We made it home that night just in time for the kids to open their pajamas before heading to bed so Santa could come.

Christmas morning was great watching the kids. After seeing their gifts from Santa and opening their stocking stuff, we asked Harbin to go get a gift from under the tree. The first gift he pulled out was for Daddy from Catherine. When we asked him to get another he got the one or Daddy from him. It was so adorable to see the joy he had in giving Scott his gifts even before finding one for himself!!

We traveled to Chattanooga after finishing up Christmas morning at our house. We were able to celebrate there throughout the day with the whole family. As you can see from the pics, Harbin even enjoys the Wii. He is too cute do the Yoga poses (the tree to be exact) on the WiiFit game.

Well that was our Christmas in short. The kids had a blast and we were all thrilled to have so much time with family. Enjoy the rest of the pics!

The mom.

No comments: