Thursday, May 10, 2012

Multiple Homeowners

Well after a few years of no actiity on our Snellville house, we finally bit the bullet and bought the house we've been renting. We never really wanted to tackle two mortgages but with interest rates so low, we are pretty much paying the same as we did in rent. We love the house we live in and are very excited to make it our very own. With power-of-attorney in hand, I set out and met our landlord at closing. We successfully purchased the house and he walked away with a HEFTY check all to his very own. I immediately came home and started renovating. For any of you who have visited our house you will know that we have ugly wallpaper all over the house and it's terribly outdated. It was built in 1981 and decorated to match. It was done very well...for the time, but has since gone very out of date. I started with the kids bathroom which also serves as our guestbath. It was a room that was small and seemed easy to tackle and, like many other rooms, had flowery wallpaper. I stripped the wallpaper which wasn't nearly as difficult as repairing the walls. There were two layers of wallpaper on unrpimed sheetrock, so after stripping it, I had a lot of mudding and sanding to do. I finally got it painted and cleaned up. I have replaced the shower curtain and bought a new light fixture (not pictured yet). I hope to hang pics on the wall soon. My biggest accomplishment was framing out the mirror. I had been hearing about all these DIYers who ultimately glue a frame to the mirror and after a few failed attempts as stuff, I ended up with this frame glued around my mirror. I think it looks really nice and am excited to maybe do it to the mirror in the master bath too.
"
Hope you are impressed with the renovation. I don't have a complete "after" picture yet since I still haven't managed to hang anything on the walls or make the window treatment. I will add the pic as soon as I get one. The mom. Oh and you may ask, "Wow, how do you have time to do renoations while you have 4 kids and your hubby is deployed?" Well take a look at this pic. This is how... I ignore all other household chores...like folding laundry!

No comments: