Monday, October 4, 2010

3-2-1 Blastoff!






























A few weekends ago, the kids and I drove out to Huntsville to visit Scott during his training. We were able to take advantage of the military rate of "free" to the Space Museum which allowed us to visit in the morning- go back to the hotel and rest- and then visit again in the afternoon.

The day was kind of rainy, so we didn't get to spend much time on the outdoor exhibits, but the kids seemed to have a fun time seeing the indoor stuff. A lot of the "museum" part was a little over our kids heads, but they did get to learn a few new things about how astronauts live in space and they got to play in the kid-friendly play area. Probably their favorite activity was riding on the Mission to Mars simulator. I didn't get to ride because I had Ella, but they said it simulated riding in various vehicles- there was no age or height requirement, so Harbin, Catherine and Lydia went with Scott (the big spaceship looking picture is what they rode in).
Harbin also got to enjoy his first climbing experience on the rock climbing wall. Unfortunatey I forgot my camera, but I was able to get a few shots with Scott's phone (I will try to get those posted sometime). He did great climbing, but about 2/3rds of the way up the wall, he sort of looked down and decided he was done.
As always, enjoy the pics!
The mom.

1 comment:

Amanda Rogers said...

Kimberly, did you get my e-mail?? I hate that we missed you!! We're only 20 minutes from the Center--let me know if you're going to be in town again!!
-amanda