The kids and I got to visit a local radio station, Victory 91.5FM. They play Christian music and are based in Cumming just less than 10 miles from home. We were able to learn how they air songs, keep the station running from their cell phones, make commercials and a bunch of other radio related information.
The kids were excited to hear their voices recorded in one of the studios and then listen to the station manager manipulate their voices. The coolest thing was when we got back in the car and the kids were able to hear that lady we had just seen on the RADIO. They could hardly believe their ears!
It was a fun and educational trip and I think the kids have a new respect for radio (and we now have 2 different Christian radio stations to listen to around here).
Hmmm... what to say... well there's six of us. Scott is the dad- he used to be in the army, but then started teaching high school chemistry, and now got called back to the army. I'm the mom- Kimberly- I attempt to hold down the happenings at home while attempting to continue a career in real estate. Harbin is our oldest- he's 7. Catherine is our daughter who's 5, Lydia is almost 4 and Ella is almost 2. We live just outside of Atlanta, GA and attend Shadowbrook Baptist Church.
As you can tell we are big Peyton Manning fans. We also love VOLS Tennessee Football!!!
We homeschool and love the flexibility to wake up late and hang out in our PJ's (amongst other weird homeschooling things we do).
For the Great-Grandma's (and those who don't know how to print pictures from here)
UPDATE: how to save pics from slideshow.
1. Click on the picture, this will bring up the slideshow site.
2. Stop the show from cycling through the pics.
3. Right click on the pic and scroll down to print.
Please let me know if this does not work for you- thanks!
Here's how you can save and print pictures from this site.
1. Right click (use that button you never use on your mouse) on the picture you want.
2. On the menu, select "save picture as". This will allow you to save the picture somewhere on your computer.
3. At the top of the box that pops up, it should say "Save in:". The easiest is to save on your desktop, so change the bar to say desktop.
4. Click save. You should now be able to find the picture file on your desktop and open it. You can print it from there.
Hopefully this makes sense!!! If for some reason the picture prints poorly, just email me and I will send you whatever pic you want!