Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Birthday, America















Celebrating the 4th of July this year was a little low key since the weather has been so hot and I am more than ready to have this baby!! I have done little shopping lately and had nothing special for the kids to wear, but I was able to scrounge up some red, white or blue for everyone but Catherine. So, the night before I stayed up late making her a dress out of one of Scott's old shirts. I think it came out pretty well (although I could stand to hem it a little better since I was rushing before church on Sunday). She liked the fact it used to be Daddy's shirt and the process was relatively easy, so I may make a few more dresses one day when I run out of sewing projects (as if that day will ever come!).

We went to a late lunch with our friends Derek and Jamie (ironically the Mexican restaurant was closed on America's birthday, but Olde Towne Grill was open :) The rest of the afternoon we spent watching Independence Day (a tradition in our household), playing games and eating ice cream.

We loaded up before dark and drove to the Sam's Club nearby to watch the fireworks at the Mall of GA. I don't know that I picked the best viewing spot, but the kids were amazed none the less and they had a good time blowing bubbles, climbing on the Jeep and watching the fireworks.

Afterwards we came home to do sparklers and shoot off a few of our own fireworks. It's was after 10 at this point and Lydia was exhausted, so there a few of her twirling a sparkler- possibly while sleeping with her eyes open! Harbin loved the fireworks and was disappointed when we called it quits and had to go to bed.

Ok, so I am all caught up on posts and hopefully the next one will be about Ella!!

The mom.

PS- If you look at the pics, I like to call the one of Harbin and Catherine my Abercrombie and Fitch picture. I told them to strike a pose and that's what I got!!

No comments: