Friday, July 23, 2010

The kids welcome, their not-so-little sister...









Ella Rozelle
Born July 22, 2010 2:20am
9 pounds 14 ounces
22.5 inches

Well 4 impatient days after her due date, Ella arrived late Wednesday night/Thursday morning. She was a HEALTHY almost 10 pounds and very long.

I spent the afternoon having some minor, but very regular contractions and finally about 5:00 we decided to page the doctor. Two hours later, after loading hospital bags, unsuccessfully looking for kids shoes, dropping the older kids off at mom's and sitting in traffic, we checked in at the hospital. I was about 4-5cm dilated when we checked in and they decided that was enough to keep me.

I was debating the epidural (yes, you'd think by #4, I would know if I wanted one or not!), but after about an hour or so my contractions started spacing apart and they prescribed some pitocin. As soon as I heard that, I asked for the epidural and started progressing from there. By midnight, I was 7cm dilated and most of the Tinney family started to arrive. Mom stayed at home with our kids until we called to let her know I was starting to push.

Once it was time to push, everything went quickly. As with the other kids, I was able to push only 2 times before she was out!! The nurses kept saying I'd had a 10 pounder, but considering all my other kids were barely over 7, I didn't believe them. I was wrong! She was nearly 10 pounds and an inch longer than Harbin was when he was born- probably why they could see her head coming out and I could still feel her kicking me in the ribs!!! She is over the 97th percentile for both height and weight and the 88th for head circumference. To give you an idea, if she stays the same height until she's 2 months old, she'd still be in the 35th percentile!

The kids were able to come in not long after she was born. They were sleepy and a little overwhelmed, so we mostly let them meet their sister, see me in the bed and then head back to our house for a good night's sleep.

They came back the next morning and seemed to be much more excited about the arrival of Ella. Lydia is cutting some 2 year molars and was in a bit of pain, so she was ony interested in kissing Ella, but the other two were excited to get to hold her. Although we kept sayng how big she was, Harbin still thought she looked little. She tolerated all the attention very well and slept most of the day despite doctors, nurses and visitors.

We were able to come home the next morning about lunchtime. The kids met us at the house- Lydia cried when Lolli and Pop brought them to the house because she didn't understand that we had brought Ella home already- she wanted to go to the "ospital".

Anyways, they are loving their little sister and are big helpers with trying to help keep the paci in. Ella is adjusting well and is a good eater and sleeper. Hopefully I will be able to post again soon, but for now enjoy the pics. I have posted a link on the right of the blog with all the hosptial pictures!

Mom-to-4

1 comment:

Amanda Rogers said...

CONGRATS my friends!! Many prayers for you during this time :) -the Rogers