Wednesday, December 22, 2010

All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth (or maybe just one)











...Ella's Christmas wish came true and a few days before she turned 5 months old and about a week before Christmas she got her first tooth! This is the earliest any of our children have gotten teeth, so we were surprised, but she seems to have handled it well (since I didn't even know she was getting one).

In other Ella news, she is now 5 months old an is still a super easy baby. We haven't started her on cereal or baby foods yet, but we have let her suck on toast sticks and pizza crust. She really enjoys getting to be a "big girl" and always reaches for our food. The other day I was at a cookie swap and I was talking while holding a cookie in my hand. I guess she got tired of me waving it in front of her because she just grabbed my arm, pulled it down and grabbed at the cookie. I pulled it away and she started to cry and I felt so bad, but I just didn't think her little tummy was ready for all that sugar!

She's still not crawling, but she can move anywhere she wants. She often wears herself out playing on the floor as you can see from the pic I like to title "Falling Asleep to a Good Book". She still enjoys her exersaucer and is learning to like the Tigger Doorway Jumper. She can't quite figure out how to jump in it, but the kids often swing her as they go by.

Her new favorite thing to do is look at me grab my cheeks (she can pinch very hard) and pull my face to hers. Then she opens her mouth really wide and gives me very wet slobbery kisses. She thinks this is hilarious! I don't mind the smooches so much either!

Stay tuned next month for an update on how much she's grown!

The mom.

No comments: